Julia Dimitru is a professional visual artist living in Czech Republic and Spain. She is known for her realistic portraits and artworks painted with coffee. If you had to describe her style, the most suitable would be portraiture and figurative realism or surrealism.
Julia refers to art as her first language. Her focus has always been on people. She is fascinated by raw beauty, human relations with each other and with nature. Her creativity is driven by curiosity for anthropology and seeking a balance of body, mind and soul. When she was a child, she discovered her passion for traveling and deep connection to the sea. Her free spirit has been manifesting itself in different forms, she’s been drawn to acting, modeling, photography, fashion, writing… A significant part of her life was dedicated to dancing. Inspired by different cultures and people on her path, she finds her purpose in expressing characters and sharing messages with the world through her art.
Julia started as a pencil artist, but has always been experimenting with various mediums. She made a breakthrough in 2019 with unconventional techniques such as coffee painting and dry brush oil painting, and promptly became an award-winning artist exhibiting in metropolitan cities such as London, New York and Moscow.
Currently, Julia continues to create for clients and collectors from around the world.
Events and Awards
27/10/2023 – 5/5/2024 Barcelona, Spain
- Group exhibition “The MEAM Hall” at the European Museum of Modern Art (MEAM) in Barcelona
4/2022 London, UK
- Artwork “Coffee taste” exhibited at the London Coffee Festival 2022 among other selected artworks from previous years of the Coffee Art Project
2021-2022 Moscow, Russia / Minsk, Belarus
- Artwork “Fennec” exhibited at the Golden Turtle Wildlife Festival in Minsk, Belarus
- Artwork “Fennec” featured at the Golden Turtle 2021 annual album with wildlife photos, artworks and eco posters of the finalists
- Artwork “Fennec” exhibited at the Golden Turtle Wildlife Festival at the New Tretyakov Gallery, Moscow, Russia
- Artwork “Fennec” selected for the final of the International art competition Golden Turtle at the category Animal Portrait. The competition was attended by 1184 artists from 76 countries who sent 2117 artworks, the jury selected 17 finalists
09-10/2021 London, UK
- Selected for the UK Coffee Week project
- Finalist of the Coffee Art Project London 2021 with artwork “Coffee Taste”
- Artwork “Coffee Taste” exhibited at the London Coffee Festival 2021 at the Old Truman Brewery, London, UK
10/2019 New York, New York
- Visitor’s Award of the Coffee Art Project NYC 2019 with artwork “Connection”
- Artwork “Connection” exhibited at the New York Coffee Festival 2019 Metropolitan Pavilion in Manhattan, New York, NY, USA
03/2019 London, United Kingdom
- Visitor’s Award of the Coffee Art Project London 2019 with artwork “Her espresso hair”
- Artwork “Her espresso hair” exhibited at the London Coffee Festival 2019 , Old Truman Brewery in London, UK
2019 Fuerteventura, Canary Islands
- Artworks in a surfing theme exhibited in a surfing village El Cotillo, Fuerteventura, Canary Islands, Spain
- Decorating a local restaurant with custom wall paintings
2018 Prague, Czechia / LA, California
- Art project for Crypto One Bill and Alpha Hollywood Studios for the movie “The Secret of Karma” (2020), directed by Milan Friedrich. Portraits of starring actors: Brendan Fraser, Marcia Cross and Dawn Olivieri.